dartford cut off

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

angel

dartford cut off

Post by angel »

Hi DS didn't get into Dartford with 393 score. I thought he had done really well! He was so upset when he saw school allocation, very subdued going to school, this is such a difficult process, I feel really awful for having put him through this. Its a rude awakening to the real world and how it can work. I have asked him to be patient, which I know is difficult for someone so young, its difficult for me, but that things do shift and change. I said this to him, but actually I am not sure how much these things actually do shift. Does anyone know what the cut off mark was for Dartford and whether it is likely that he will be offered a place in the second round of offers?
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

angel - so sorry to hear your news.

What was your second choice and did you get it?
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Really sorry to hear that Angel. Hope we can be of some support. The scores/cut offs seem really high this year and this has affected all areas it seems. :?
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Sorry to hear your news Angel. I guess it depends how far up the waiting list he is. One of my boys did Bexley and Kent tests last year, we put a Bexley grammar first, but Dartford Grammar wrote to us to ask if he'd like to go on the waiting list. So there must be some movement. I hope it works out for you.
angel

Post by angel »

I just wanted to thank you for your support. DS was allocated a school not on our list, and just happens to bethe school with the worst reputation in the borough. Having had time to reflect and think, we need to be patient and wait, find out what Dartfords cut off was, whether his score are close to that, where he is on the waiting list. in regard to the community school we applied for, its about having the bottle to sit it out and believe that the waiting list will shift. This community school apparently have taken no children from band A, which is very odd! Anyway, I have found this webiste extremely supportive and helpful in containing my anxiety. Thank You
twmum

Post by twmum »

Please check your PM
molinos131

Post by molinos131 »

Just spoke to the lady at dartford, the cut off was 401 for out of area
toy

Post by toy »

Hi all, I hope you guys got the news you were looking for. Although my DS will be taking the exam in sept, I can only imagine how you all must feel. I've been watching the forum anxiously as if I'm expecting a result as well. Well done to all that got what they applied for and good luck to others going the appeal/ waiting list route. I pray it works well in the end, the kids deserve it as they've all worked so hard.....

Can someone please enlighten as to if dartford grammer boys is still super selective (i.e, taking the 1st top 10%), that seems to have disappear in their criteria for over subscription.

Also, where can I get the data for number of students that applied to the school, in and out of area, cut off mark for in and out of area and how many pupils from out of area. Although we live very close to the school, we've been informed we are out of area. So,l need these information to make the best decision for DS.

Once again, GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Please keep posting, its sort of quiet here.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Hi toy - Dartford Grammar (boys) changed it's entrance criteria this year. It now takes everyone who passed and lives within 'Zone A' - you would need to check where exactly this is, but it is the same as the old zone A. After this places were allocated only by 11+ score - this year the cut-off was 401
twmum

Post by twmum »

Toy,please check your PM.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now