COLCHESTER COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Hi, Are there any parents whose daughter has got a place for September 2009? It seems to be very quiet for Colchester.
emsharpe

Post by emsharpe »

Hi there! My daughter has. I was thinking the same thing about Colchester, nobody seems to be posting about it.

Is your daughter excited? Mine is. She is the only one from her school to be going but that isnt phasing her in the slightest! It was our first choice and I am hoping it will be the perfect school for her. :D
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Hi, my daughter's a little overwhelmed. Her friends are going to Chelmsford so she's a little sad that she wont know anybody.
emsharpe

Re: COLCHESTER COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS

Post by emsharpe »

brainiac wrote:Hi, my daughter's a little overwhelmed. Her friends are going to Chelmsford so she's a little sad that she wont know anybody.
oh thats a little bit sad for her :( none of the children from my daughter's school passed the 11+ so it isnt as if she has friends going elsewhere. I am sure she will make lots of new friends really easily. Are you on the waiting list for Chelmsford? Was it your first choice?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why don't you two PM each other? Your daughters might be able to meet up!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Don;t worry too much, my daughter was upset because no-one from her y6 class was going to be in her class at secondary school. By healf term she had made a whole new group of friends and was as happy as larry. She is still close to one friend from y7 even though they are both at different universities.
Zibar

Post by Zibar »

Hi brianiac and emsharpe,

Not sure why it is so quiet for Colchester. My DD will be going to Colchester in Sept 09 and I will be happy to hear from you both.

Don't know about other parents out there but once we found out the results of offer I was on a completely different planet all day same as I was the day before she sat the exam. Funnily enough I was a lot calmer when my older DS took his GCSEs. Maybe because they were spread over a few weeks. I can't bear exams and continued to have exam nightmares even after I finished my degree!!

My DD messed up on the VR paper and didn't think she would get any grammar offer, so a big achievement for her.

Regards,
FLITCH6

Post by FLITCH6 »

Not sure why Colchester parents are so quiet on this forum, perhaps it's because we know what a brilliant school it is and want to keep it a secret. My daughter is in year 9, she has quite a long bus journey to get there but absolutely loves it and would't want to go to any other school. A great big thumbs up for Colchester!
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Flitch6
How far does your daughter travel?

During open day, the girls were very relaxed. We loved the atmosphere.
FLITCH6

Post by FLITCH6 »

Hi brainiac, my daughter lives about 27 miles from school. She gets the bus at 7.15am and gets home about 5.20. I am sure there are others who travel further than she does. The children treat the journey as a bit of a social gathering and really don't mind the time it takes.