117/109

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
New Visitor

117/109

Post by New Visitor »

:(

HI just a quick question for you! When my son took the 11+ his grandad had been rushed into hosptial and his Father who does not live with me had moved away from his house nearby and in with a family that he did not get on with (hope that makes sense).
I did notify the school of this at the time!
The school say that his reading and comprehension age is 14 and will be on 5's at the end of the year.
How do we stand with an appeal as the school we are at do not seem keen to support anyone!
What score do other schools support appeals from?

Thanks for any help!

Post by Guest »

Hi New Visitor, Every school is different so you really need to speak to your childs headteacher but if you get no support go it alone - a few people seem to do this, you just need to trawl through all the theads to find the relevant ones. My daughter got through last year on appeal with 109 and 116 so it is achievable.

Good Luck

Caroline

Post by Guest »

Hi Caroline

Thank you for the reply did you have any extenuating circumstances and were you supported by the school?

Post by Guest »

Hi New Visitor

We had no extenuating circumstances - only extreme nerves but very srong support from the school and the academic evidence was also strong. You need to find out all you can from the school - rankings, SATS predictions etc. My daughter was in the top 10 rankings (predicted 131 - 141) and was predicted 3 level 5's in SATs with a year 5 CAT score of around 128 (high i'm told). Hope this helps - any other questions just ask.

Caroline