Tiffin boys new head - Miss. Hilda Clarke

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gilly

Tiffin boys new head - Miss. Hilda Clarke

Post by Gilly »

Miss Clarke is currently Head of Langley Grammar School near Slough, a post she has held for nearly nine years.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

She is gong to start at Tiffin from September.
geling

Post by geling »

Gilly : thanks very much!

Well...., what's the other parents think of it?
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

According to ratemyteacher.com (which of course is totally reliable :wink: )

10/03/08 1 1 1 Comes out with a load of balony! (report)
7/12/07 4 5 5 Lovely lady, gives opportunities that are invaluable. You couldn't wish for a better headteacher. (report)
3/27/06 5 5 5 The best headmistress ever! (report)

Sounds like an excellent recommendation. Even the balony!

I was worried that some ex-banker (Fred Godwin?) would have retrained and be ready to take the post by September.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

My son was one among the pupils who gathered in the hall where the final 2 candidates had to address the boys as they would do in a school assembly. He found Hilda (he didn't know the name then) addressed them well compared to the other male candidate.

However, he also commented that though she started off very well it became kind of boring towards the end.

Looks to me as a good find. Richmond resident; knowledge of the Tiffin schools as she was the deputy head at Tiffin girls from 1992-2000; has done good at Langley.

There is a head teacher's questions time later this month. I am not sure if she is going to make any special appearance in that or not. May be not due to legal reasons as she will still be at Langley.
Pinkboots

Post by Pinkboots »

SunlampVexesEel wrote:I was worried that some ex-banker (Fred Godwin?) would have retrained and be ready to take the post by September.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
geling

Post by geling »

Wow, very interesting ! Hopefully she would lead the school out of the trouble and going into "a brand new era."

It is very interesting to know that the 2 final candidates had to address in front of the boys....It is the X factor process! :lol: :lol: Anyone knows who was another one? How many candidates altogether? :wink:
Thea

Post by Thea »

Sunlamp - :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best Regards,
Thea
lewarcher

Post by lewarcher »

For those parents who do not receive direct notification of Ms Clarke's appointment:

Dear Parents

Following a rigorous selection process involving governors, staff and students, we are delighted to be able to announce the appointment of Miss Hilda Clarke as the school’s new Headteacher. She will take up the post in September 2009.

Miss Clarke is currently Head of Langley Grammar School near Slough, a post she has held for nearly nine years. Under her leadership the school has been highly successful and was recently rated outstanding in all categories by Ofsted. Previously she was deputy head of Tiffin Girls’ School from 1992-2000.

She was brought up in Hull and gained a History degree at the University of Sussex. She started her teaching career in Cheshire before moving to London to take up the post at Tiffin Girls'. She now lives in Richmond upon Thames.

We believe this is an excellent appointment for the school. Miss Clarke is a very experienced Head with impressive leadership skills and a strong drive for progress and improvement. She clearly demonstrated to us a first-rate understanding of the school’s ethos and its future needs and an exciting future lies ahead for the school under her direction.

Miss Clarke has passed on the following comment to everyone: “I am really looking forward to the opportunity to lead Tiffin School into the future – it is a very special community with a strong sense of identity and a commitment to the very highest standards of teaching and learning.â€
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Last edited by JaysDarlin on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.