Taking 12+ for Sir Henry Floyd Grammar in Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BPos

Taking 12+ for Sir Henry Floyd Grammar in Bucks

Post by BPos »

:cry: My daughter is still struggling to come to terms with not getting her 11+ (missed by 4 points) for a grammar school place at Sir Henry Floyd. She has mentioned about doing the 12+ and I noticed in previous years Sir Henry Floyd had around 30 places unfilled for Yr7. We don't live in catchment 16 miles away from the school. Is it worth going for the 12+? Does anyone know how many, if any places are still unfilled?
Thanks!
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Obviously, we are many weeks away from getting confirmed numbers of what spaces are left for 12+ candidates for 2010.

But if history is anything to go by, SHF are usually a good bet for having availability.

If your daughter wants an incentive, I would read up on the 12+ Sticky Notes on this site so you understand what is required of her (and you :roll: ), make sure she gets good SATS marks and settles in well to her secondary school in September, by then we will have a better idea of how many places are available and the dates of the 12+ - probably in Feb 2010.

Lots of us on this site have been down the same route, so feel free to ask any questions. This years' 12+ candidates get their results on Fri/Sat this week!

Regards

Ambridge
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi BPos

When you read the Sticky, please take particular note of the comments concerning school choices and distance from the school.

Realistically, even if SHF were to have 30+ spaces, you might well find that there were too many other children closer to the school or in catchment for her to gain admission.

You should still put SHF first on your form, because it is your first preference (exactly as you did for the 11+) but, being out of catchment and 16 miles away, you will certainly need to think very carefully about an alternative GS that you live nearer to and that you would be happy to accept if she passes the 12+.

Sally-Anne
BPos

SHF 12+

Post by BPos »

Thanks Ambridge and Sally Anne. Really appreciate your advice. I think we'll see how the SATs go, how she gets on in her first term and see how many places are available. I know a lot of kids have gone through the same awful experience of 11+ failure. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for their 12+ results.
Bpos ... Be Positive!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now