Clothes for teenage boys!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Clothes for teenage boys!

Post by Sally-Anne »

I am despairing of how to find appropriate clothes for my two boys!

DS2 is 11 and not yet hugely demanding on the clothing front, but all our stalwart clothing suppliers - Gap, Next, M&S, Mackays - are no longer "cool" because of the logos.

DS1 is 14, and TopMan has been deemed "unacceptable" for unspecified reasons. Ditto all the above sources.

I am at the point where I am going to suggest loincloths to both of them, but before I humiliate them publicly, can other people please enlighten me as to which national chains/websites are useful sources of clothing?

The only ones I rule out are TKMaxx and Primark - I can't cope with shopping at either of them (not a born shopper). :oops:

Thanks!

Sally-Anne
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Boden is awesome !
Definately not the cheapest option,but great quality. Really long lasting stuff. If you can find bargains on thier sale pages,even better !
They sell online & will send you out a cute catalogue too.
Hope that helps :)
Sallyj
Bewildered

Re: Clothes for teenage boys!

Post by Bewildered »

Sally-Anne wrote: I am at the point where I am going to suggest loincloths to both of them
:lol:

They'd become trend setters, no doubt :D

I'd give them a clothes allowance, and send them off on their own. That should soon make them realise what's involved. :wink:

If they are old enough to care about what they are wearing, then they are old enough to choose it!
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

If I gave my happy horror a clothing allowance he'd come home with six pairs of new football boots & a big grin !! :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Fake designer wear from a well known auction site and a shop called "large visage" as well as Hamsters & Monkeys in coded language are quite good for boys. Sorry about the coded language but I don't think we're allowed to advertise on here - please tell me if I am wrong. :?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Strangely enough I have the same problem with DD.

Debbie hams are too childish along with Martin and Stephens, Hamsters and Monkeys are fine, but restricted in the range, Now Long (!!) can be too cheap and tacky - depending on what you're after.

Trying to find DD a spring 'mac' that's not black is like trying to find hen's teeth - impossible!!

Perhaps we should all get our heads together and design a range of clothes for young teenagers ............ I can also use a sewing machine :shock:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Hi Sally-Anne! I concur with Bewildered; you give the impression (although I may be incorrect) that you are running yourself ragged trying to please two picky boys!! I think you should suggest they choose their own clothes. It might cure the fussiness...??

Let them loose to create a wish list - don't actually give them the cash!
chad

Post by chad »

Have you tried River Island....... No logos and the 'small' is teenage boy size.....seem to have gone down OK with DS (13). I do take him with me tho'... if I have to shop then so does he.... :roll:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Have you tried River Island
Huh! All that work trying to adhere to forum rules and the mod drops in real names! :evil: :wink:
mummog

Post by mummog »

My two teenage boys (16 and 13) love nothing more than to mooch in TKWhatsit for an hour or two. They are always delighted when they come home with something sporting a cool label and they are actually getting quite good at spotting a bargain - good practice for the future I think.

If you need to advise/approve, you could arrange to be shopping nearby for something more exciting (i.e. for yourself :)) and, when summoned by mobile, go along to give your approval or otherwise to their selection.

Mummog x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now