Rochester Grammar School:Places awarded for musical aptitud

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
INONOTHING

Rochester Grammar School:Places awarded for musical aptitud

Post by INONOTHING »

Hello All
Does anyone know anything about being offered a place at Rochester Grammar School under the musical aptitude category.
Do the girls need graded examinations and if so to what level.
Does anyone know of a child who has been offered a place in this way.
Many thanks for any advice/information you can give me.
Regards
Inonothing
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

When I went to RGS for an open evening the headteacher made it clear that the child has to FIRSTLY be successful at the 11+ level, then they will consider musical aptitude. They supply an extra application form for parents to fill in with music grades/exams achieved etc. The way I understood it, RGS admit on score ie. the higher scores get in first, however with a musical candidate I got the impression that in oversubscription the candidate would take priority.
I hope that makes sense. :)
INONOTHING

Post by INONOTHING »

hi medway mum
thanks very much for your reply - i had looked on the rgs website but it doesn't say anything about it

so basically the musical aptitude criteria only kicks in if the girl passes the 11+ but doesn't get a place because of a lower mark

thanks
inonothing
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi again Inonothing. Yes, thats how I understood it - that if the child passes at 11+ stage then she will go further up the list regardless of score and would be unlikely to not get a place. There was no specification of what levels had to have been achieved but the form asked for grades and levels to be entered.

MM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now