Sutton Grammar Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WorryQueen

Sutton Grammar Results

Post by WorryQueen »

Hi,

I have just received the Sutton Grammar Results and found out that my DS is on the waiting list.

Would anyone happen to know whether being under 25 on the waiting list would give him a chance of getting into the school.

Apparently there is 90 children on the waiting list this year!
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

my guess is that the waiting list would go further down
I think Wallington last year went down past 300 in the rank to offer a place, even 340-ish.
Wilson's (a guess based on the score to get it) might have gone down to 200-250.
I would think that Sutton would be very similar, so 25th on the list is very likely to get a place, imho
said that, the waiting list will probably grow, so your son might go down a bit, probably not enough to not get a place

don't worry
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

WorryQueen

I think so, though you may not hear until end of April.

Jenny
WorryQueen

Post by WorryQueen »

Thank you for your replies. I have been feeling really stressed about it all as I know what he is capable of and obviously did not perform on the day! He had a lot of illnesses throughout November which probably did not help.

At least there is some hope!

Thank you
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi WorryQueen

any more news on Sutton waiting list?
when I called for my ds they did not give me a position

do you know how many passed and to what test position they offered a place?

Giulio
WorryQueen

Post by WorryQueen »

Hi Giulio

Its strange that they would not give you a position for your DS. I found the lady at SG very helpful although my DS has not yet been offered a place. We seem to have only moved 7 places. I am not sure how far down the list they went because obviously people have jumped in ahead of us due to the rank order.

There were orignally 90 people on the waiting list. They work slightly different at SG and won't let you have any results of the test or rank order. Only whether they passed and what position on the waiting list they are at.

I am not sure if I am feeling hopeful or not but it does look like there will be movement on the Tiffin Waiting List soon.

Tell me Giulio, did you son pass the SG test because if so you should have been told where he is on the wl?
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

WorryQueen wrote: Tell me Giulio, did you son pass the SG test because if so you should have been told where he is on the wl?
ds passed the exam
I suppose he was not put on the waiting list because he got the first choice Graveney, a mixed comprehensive in Wandsworth.
we are considering a grammar school place now, the admission secretary mentioned he did very well and told me off (facetiously) for not putting Sutton ahead of the comp. maybe ds would have got a place first time, I am sorry if this sounds like jumping back in the queue

we are also on the wl of wilson (?high, I think) and wallington (51st)

are you on those and Tiffin as well?
WorryQueen

Post by WorryQueen »

No, we did not go for Tiffin as we thought it too far to travel. My DS did not like Wallington but he really liked Wilsons. We are very high on the waiting list so not much chance there. However, I think Wilsons is too far for him to travel anyway.

We would really like Sutton as it is close by, otherwise he will go to his local Comprehensive which is also a very good school. I don't belive in travelling great distrances to get to school. I had to do this when I was young and it was a bad experience.

I still have my fingers crossed for SG but I am worried about the slow movement of the waiting list!
minniem

Post by minniem »

Hi Giulio
A question for you. Why did you not put SG first on the preference list for your schoolmchoices?? Why did you put your local comprehensive school. Did you not understand the form?
You are very lucky this year to have been given a second chance NOW at this late stage you have decided after all that maybe a grammar school place would suit your son.
If you care to look at the Tiffin threads this has been talked about in great detail.
Yes it is jumping ahead in the queue . Have you informed your local comp of your intentions......
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi minniem
sorry if you are upset
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now