Grammar school fails OFSTED inspection

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LuluQueen

Post by LuluQueen »

Oh dear.

Shows the standard of teaching these days...

:shock: :shock:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

From what I heard, it was based (at least partly) on ineffective management; rather than just on the teaching...
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

That's what it says in the article Ed's mum. Teaching was satisfactory with some pockets of good practice.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Ed's mum wrote:From what I heard, it was based (at least partly) on ineffective management; rather than just on the teaching...
Unfortunately even the best teachers will find it more difficult to perform well with poor leadership.

Hopefully a new permanent head will be found quickly who will turn the school around.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

The acting head's permanent charge also looks on rather shaky ground come the next Ofsted - added value is almost as bad, which seems to be the trigger here.

Mike
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Nice to note that despite the problems, 92% of pupils achieving the benchmark 5 good gcses including English and Maths. :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Kegs Mom 3 wrote:Nice to note that despite the problems, 92% of pupils achieving the benchmark 5 good gcses including English and Maths. :lol:
I'd be concerned if a selective GS wasn't achieving 100%. :?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Is it fully selective? If so it should be achieving 98-99-100% (i.e. 100% less the occasional individual lost cause), 92% is about what you'd expect for a partially selective school (it's probably beyond even the best comp though, unless in a truly exceptional year).

Mike
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

It is fully selective but not as selective as some of the other grammar schools in the borough (Trafford being wholly grammar/secondary). It's also not a cosy middle-class enclave kind of grammar school, either. I don't mean that to sound negative - just pointing out that it's maybe not your typical grammar school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now