Ricky

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
phil4717

Ricky

Post by phil4717 »

The furthest proximity is 333 metres this year. I am just outside of that. Mortified. If you know Bateman Road - 3 children didn't get in on proximity. Was told that priority is given to chn who live in Ricky - then why are chn who are not siblings getting in from HA4 Ruislip?
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

Presumably they got in on academic or music. I feel really sorry for you but you are not alone although I don't suppose that's consolation. Did you get any of your choices?
phil4717

Post by phil4717 »

No. The whole situation is dire this year
sortie

Post by sortie »

How do you know that children in Rikmansworth got priority?

Children in Croxley did not seem to do well this year. Are you thinking of challenging this ie to school adjudicator. That is if you have younger children ie siblings in wings.
Just out of interest what school did you get. If its Westfield I know some lovely children who will be going there this year. Does anybody know if Croxley children got Clement D this year?
local school mummy
Beano

Post by Beano »

Goodness Sortie, every time your name pops up I just know it's going to be to suggest that people complain to the adjudicator.

Yes, there are huge gaps between some schools in this area - I'm sure that's the case nationwide too. But FC, Longdean, Kings Langley & Westfield have all improved greatly in recent years. And places like Queens & the church schools too - although admittedly never in the same category as the others.

The only one that really stands out is Bushey Hall. But with the current drive to improve it (academy status / extra cash / probably new management team) I'm sure that will improve too, albeit it might take time & is therefore of scant consolation to those offered it this year.

For someone who says their DC are well beyond the secondary transfer stage you seem mightily obsessed with the system. I see you're a teacher - wonder where that might be? :wink:
greenteadrinker

Post by greenteadrinker »

I have heard that there was an especially high number of siblings coming into Rickmansworth school this year, close to 100(?) This would account for the incredibly short distance. My understanding is that they did not even need to dip into the second proximaty rule this year, becasue by the time they had reached the second proximaty rule, all the places had then be awarded.

It wold be useful to know, as published data, how many places the school will be awarding to siblings each year. The schools must have a ball park figure, and that information would help parents make (a more?) informed choice.
Always look on the bright side of life
watmum

Post by watmum »

Interesting point GTD.

I posted on another thread that it was a low sibling year for Parmiter's this time (75 I understand) but another poster said that CD ( I think it was that school) was high for siblings this time around.

It goes up and it goes down year on year, as you say they probably do have a ball park figure. I have never been asked for information from Parmiter's as to whether I have any more children "in the wings" so to speak, and I guess that if they posed that question on a form somewhere when your child starts, they would be able to keep a fairly accurate tally?
Pinkboots

Post by Pinkboots »

Hi Watmum

Wondered what year your DC is in? My DD is in yr 7 at Parmiter's and the current school year of any sibings (including younger ones) was definitely one of the questions asked on the many forms I had to complete!
watmum

Post by watmum »

Hi Pinkboots! My DS is in year 10 and my next child is due to begin this Sept. Probably changed the forms a bit in the last year or so.
Polly

Post by Polly »

My son is going to WBGS in September of this year. The acceptance form asked about siblings and my child's position in the family.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now