OK it's a brag, but I'm so proud I could burst!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Freya

OK it's a brag, but I'm so proud I could burst!

Post by Freya »

Forgive me for bragging but I just had to share this fab news! :lol:

DS had his final trial for East Wales rugby yesterday and he has been selected into the A' Squad which is the first team! There is no North or South, just East and West so this is an outstanding achievement and a great honour here where rugby is the religion! :D

We found out last night by phone and DS still had the silly grin on his face when he got up this morning :D

He managed an outstanding performance in the trial and this was after having played a schools tournament on Thurs and a club cup quarter final on Sunday. He's pretty tired now though!

Now I can breathe - I was so worried he would injure himself before the trial day.

PROUD MUM :lol: PROUD MUM :lol: PROUD MUM :lol:
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Absolutely FANTASTIC news, you are right to be so proud! :lol:
As a new 'rugby' mum, I'm thrilled if DS puts in a good tackle or the like LOL! :roll:
Superbly well done to your DS, enjoy and be extremely proud! :lol:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi Freya,

Congratulations to DS, feel free to be proud and loud, we should celebrate all our DCs achievements.

Interesting that they select so young, here in England, county selection starts at under 13.

Maybe that explains the recent international results.

steve
Freya

Post by Freya »

Kegs Mom 3 - Thanks! Oooooh bet you can't wait until you're standing there on the touch line in freezing horizontal hail! I've been trying to encourage the cricket - much more civilized - Pimms anyone? Good luck to your DS with his rugby, oh and get a good washing machine! LOL I've had to do a whole squad of 22 very muddy shirts and socks! :shock:

stevew61 - cheers! Yes, county selection is at age 11 which then qualifies a player to trial for East or West Wales if they are put forward as good enough by the county. Playing for East or West Wales is then looked upon as a cap for your country!

Rugby is big in Wales at club mini level and in primary schools whereas I think in England it takes off more at secondary school. Player pathway rules are different too which makes it interesting when occasionally we play an English side. E.g. next season at U12 we play full 15 man a side on a full sized pitch and are allowed to 'hand-off' but we don't push in the scrums whereas England play 13 a side on a smaller pitch and they do push in the scrum but don't 'hand-off' . :? To complicate it further, club and county rules are different too - at club level U11 we play 10 a side on half a pitch whereas at county and country level U11 we play full 15 man a side on a full sized pitch.

I do think the Welsh set up is better suited to player development and we do encourage that beautiful running rugby style :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Hi Freya,

Congratulations to DS - he must be amazing - you all must be so proud of him. Is there much money in Rugby? :wink: My son has had a very special national academic achievement this week but unfortunately it won't make him rich! :cry: :wink:
Freya

Post by Freya »

Hi Tipsy

Thanks, well I think he's amazing! LOL Good money to be had at top club level and of course international BUT such a short career, although there is the opportunity to make lots of good contacts. DS is quite pretty so could do well on T.V / advertising etc 8) LOL

Congratulations to your DS too! Come on then spill the beans !!! I'm officially declaring this thread the 'ok to boast about your DC' thread and I'm dying to know what your special boy has done!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Will DS become even more popular with the girls when he has cauliflower ears! :shock: Or is he a Johnnie Wilkinson? :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Brag away, that is some achievement :D
Freya

Post by Freya »

LOL No he's not a Johnnie, he's an Openside Flanker - a number 7 so unlikely to have his ears mangled! I've been told by those who know that he plays just like Jean-Pierre Rives.

Anyway, stop changing the subject and spill the beans!!! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now