The Extent Parents Would Go To For Their Children . . .

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Flamenco

The Extent Parents Would Go To For Their Children . . .

Post by Flamenco »

Yes, I certainly left no stones unturned in my time to make sure my children got the best preparations and went to the best schools for a good education but certainly nothing remotely like this . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 980607.stm

Ah well . . .
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Have daughter off ill so posting a lot today.Think I have 11+ website addiction :roll:

Anyway on this topic, obviously parents are willing to cheat! My 10 year old had her glasses case opened and checked when she went in for her 11+ Don't know what they thought was in there :shock:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Wouldn't have worked for our son, he'd have lost the earpiece in the car on the way there, or spent so much time fiddling with it that he was found out. Or "accidentally" taken it apart and lost the battery.

Cheating is obviously endemic here as well (if nowhere near as sophisticated) because we had to supply photos before the exams to make sure the same child turned up at school in the event of a pass.

Mike
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Thanks for the congrats elsewhere Mike

I was surprised we didn't have to provide photos .... just the DNA testing on the way out :!:
just joking.

There is a really good, touching and comical novel called"May contain nuts".It is about a frantic mum who impersonates her daughter to get her a selective school place. It is well worth a read.
Don't know if that will get removed as advertising? I see it as therapeutic :)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Not only am I worried about the lengths the cheats will actually go to over there - it's the lengths the officials go to once the cheats are caught which worry me! At one time they were put to death - they take it all rather seriously in China don't they!!!! :shock: :lol:

In one of my dd's indie exams we had to provide a photo of her (the school we turned down!).
isamum

Post by isamum »

If anyone watched this BBC program
http://www.open2.net/chineseschool/aboutseries.html

they may begin to understand pressure on kids in China to perform well during their exams.