Something Very Strange Going on With This Website

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

Something Very Strange Going on With This Website

Post by Snowdrops »

I noticed yesterday whenever I logged into the site that , on the main forum index page, the time remained the same and no new postings showed up.

However, if I went to each board individually, I could see the new postings there and the correct time was shown against each thread.

I tried changing the time through my profile - but nothing I did made any difference.

I tried logging out altogether and it wouldn't let me so I just had to leave the site alltogether without logging off - when I returned each time the time display and lack of new postings was still ongoing.

I came to the site this morning and the date had changed to Friday, but the time was now one hour out - there was also one new posting showing.

Yippee I thought, it's back to normal.

But once I had looked at the new posting and returned to the index page - yep, it had returned to yesterday's date and time!

So it's currently showing me as being Thursday 9th April at 9.50 am when in fact it's Friday 10th April at (co-incidentally!!) 9.51 am.

Is it just me or does this affect everyone else????
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

oooh, look at that, the time on my thread is out too - by about 6 minutes!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I just tried logging out and it would only allow me to do so after the fourth attempt.

When I looged back in the date and time were correct.

I shall now go and investigate if it still remains correct by returning to the index board.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

No - the date and time has reverted to yesterday!!
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

Strange!! :)

And, where has 'Beyond 11 plus' gone? :?: :? :)
SSM

Post by SSM »

Bexley,

Beyond 11+ is now lower down the page, with all the other 'beyond 11+' threads.

Snowdrops,
I don't know what your computer is showing, but your posts are showing the correct date and time from my end.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Yes, the posts are showing the correct date and time when I enter each separate board - it's on the main index page which shows the wrong date and time.

I'm having serious problems logging out again too - in fact it won't let me.

When I tried to reply to this thread just now I had to log in, even though the board was telling me I was already logged in.

I think someone's trying to tell me something :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

the time for me is also 9.22 when it is 10.28!

Have been having problems over the last day or two-I always tick the box to remain logged on but every time I enter the site I am looged out again-strange.
SSM

Post by SSM »

Sorry, can't help.

The main index time is about 6mins out, but the date is correct., but I haven't had any other problems:roll:

I have a very technical solution that I do when ever I am having any problems with my computer, turn it off and then on again and see if the problem still exists :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Yes, I tried that technical solution last night when I went to bed, unfortunately the problem remains this morning :cry:

As it's Good Friday and a holiday, it may be best to 'put up with it' until Tuesday and then email the programmer?

Let him/her have a holiday too.

In the meantime, if anyone else is experiencing similiar type things can you please add to this thread to give the programmer an idea of how widespread the issue is.

Thank you all.

Have a good holiday everyone :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now