11 plus tutoring

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
louandbennyb

11 plus tutoring

Post by louandbennyb »

Am new to this tutoring lark and am helping 2 girls sit their 11 plus in the Bexley region. Have purchased 'The tutor' interactive CD's and want to check this is suitbable support material. I work out of borough as a teacher so cant get help there. Also - does anyone know how many verbal reasoning questions are tested in Bexley 15 or 21?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Hi Louandbennyb, and welcome to the forum.

I have moved your thread to the 'Bexley' section of the forum, where you should hopefully get some responses to your question.

:D

BW

(Moderator)
georgex

Post by georgex »

50 questions in maths and 75 in verbal. It has all the information on the the Bexley selection test website.
louandbennyb

Post by louandbennyb »

What i meant about the verbal reasoning test for bexley is that is there 15 or 21 question types and what about the kent tests?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Kent test usually on the 15 covered by nfer, but occasionally a different type (i.e. another of the 21 types) has been sneaked in!

Kent is nvr, vr, maths and a piece of writing which is used as further evidence for borderline cases.

Have you tried e-mailing the LEA? They are usually very helpful (well they are in Kent)
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Bexley council won't give anything away! I have asked but they couldn't/wouldn't tell me. However, I have been told from elsewhere that it's type 15. I would advise focusing on these first and once they are under your belt having a look at the remaining 6 types in case they sneak in.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I can't sing the praises of KCC enough..

have always had prompt and helpful answers
dani*

Post by dani* »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. My daughter is starting year 5 next September and we are about to start preparing for the 11 plus. I was hoping someone could point me in to the right direction as to where I can find those 15 or 21 types for questions.

So far have only bought a few Bond books and just don't know where to start. Any advice very much appreciated.

Thanks
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

what area are you in dani?
dani*

Post by dani* »

Sidcup, nearest school would be Chis & Sid or Townley.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now