Reasons for an appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rade13

Reasons for an appeal

Post by rade13 »

Please could I have some advice - Firstly some background my dd achieved the required aggregate pass score but was 4 points short on her maths. We were unsuccesful at Headteacher appeal and are now going through the process of parental appeal. We have no real extenuating circumstances but have been repeatedly told that our DD is a late delevoper!!

Therefore my question is would you mention in an appeal that my DD was in a mixed year class last year and only identified as suitable for Grammar in her May CATS test and we feel that throughout that year some of the more higher level topics may not have been covered.

Any thoughts???

More background info posted to appeals mail box.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear rade13

Thanks for the background information.

Yes, I think this is arguable. You could mention what Admissions said, and also the relative pass rates for the two groups.

It would of course carry more weight if the school supports. I assume they will be happy to confirm the "late developer" argument. Could you gently coax them into conceding that some of the Maths topics may not have been covered, or not covered in the same depth?
Etienne