GCSE revision

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Clare

GCSE revision

Post by Clare »

Does anyone know any good websites for GCSE revision?

I have heard that BBC bitesize is good but does not cover topics in enough depth for the top grades.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

MyMaths? Most schools have a subscription.

Also:

http://www.kangaroomaths.com/pouch.htm

dig around!
magwich2

GCSE revision

Post by magwich2 »

You could try the website of CIMT - centre for innovation in maths teaching. They have various worksheets and we have found them helpful for the whole of KS3 and 4.
magwich2

GCSE revision

Post by magwich2 »

My daugher says (and is typing this):
'My Maths is one of the worst sites for learning maths on the internet. At our school it is known as myspace for maths teachers...and is completely terrible! The site itself gives the most simple examples and even then half the answers are incorrect! In my opinion the subscription could be better spent on bribery for some of the more intelligent members of the class to help others as it could be said that the teacher themself is too lazy to actually teach! (Isn't teaching maths their job? Not teaching us to browse terrible internet sites!)'

This is actually me, Miss Magwich and at the moment I am studying GCSE maths...and unfortunately having to use the site recommended above!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

My Maths is great - if your school are using it incorrectly that is not my fault!

You can log in and work on A/A* booster section and it shows you your weak areas. If you aren't given personal log-ins it is not so good. If you find a mistake just tell the website and it will be corrected.
hermanmunster

Re: GCSE revision

Post by hermanmunster »

magwich2 wrote:My daugher says (and is typing this):
'My Maths is one of the worst sites for learning maths on the internet.
Agreed the grammar on the site is... ahem... in need of attention!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now