For the 'Warwickshire' Teacher

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

For the 'Warwickshire' Teacher

Post by Guest »

Hello Teacher

I was wondering what you think on about the local headlines regarding the '11+ cheating'.

Do you know what will happen to this years takers? One playground parent has told me that the tests will stand! Does this mean that there will be a record number of appeals? If so this will be equally unfair for those that should genuinly be at grammar school but may not just make that mark due to alleged 'cheaters'!

Any information would be gratefully received.
teacher

11+ in Warks

Post by teacher »

Yes, I have been reading the latest about the Warks. 11+ with interest. I would imagine that whatever the results are that come out they would have to stand given that there will be a majority of children who have not had any inkling of what was in this year's paper. However, I think (and also hope) that this will mark the start of a total rethink of the Moray House papers and that there will be completely fresh papers each year to which [b]no-one[/b] has early access. I have a great deal of anecdotal evidence to support the Herald's story but then there is so much nonsense spouted about the exam that it is extremely dificult for concerned parents to reach any reasonable conclusions. I maintain that a combination of a VR, Non VR, English and Maths test would be much fairer all round for every child. As you say I am sure that there will be many appeals but then there are every year!

Post by Guest »

Thank you for responding Teacher. I also hope that things will change as I have another child about to go through the process - I would much prefer a level playing field where natural ability would shine!

Now back to waiting until March and see what happens!
KE Mum

Post by KE Mum »

Hi all

Although I have no specific knowledge of this matter, except rumour, it has been said that certain private schools had access to papers and also checked them before they were sent off. Is this true? Don't want to put the cat among the pigeons, but was genuinely interested as I have a number of friends whose children sat these tests by Moray House.

I am quite shocked about it actually as it seems so unfair if they let the papers stand, but who wants their children to sit another test at this late stage.
teacher

Warks 11+

Post by teacher »

Hello all!

It appears that things are about to change in Warks. a propos our recent correspondence, according to this week's Herald! Long overdue and good luck to all your children. I will be finding out more about the Durham uni. papers as soon as I can!

Post by Guest »

Hi Teacher

Yes I saw this weeks herald and was pleased the see this statement., it's very kind of you to keep us posted, I will keep checking back for any other information that you post.

Post by Guest »

Hi,

just in case you are not aware, Durham Uni custom produce the Birmingham KE foundation 11+ exams. They are nothing like the traditional VR papers.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for that information guest, every little helps, it gives me something to be working with.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now