1st appeal today !

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sallyj

1st appeal today !

Post by sallyj »

Anyone who's been following my postings may know we are facing three apeals ! Yep,we're quite barmy :lol:
We didn't get any of our choices & were offered the local failing comp. We are appealing two Grammars & one excellent Comp. All are very oversubscribed.
We also face non-qualification by two points on the GS's,but have strong medical mitigating circumstances.
Well,the first appeal was this afternoon for the excellent comp & it went really well !
The panel & clerk were lovely,& put us completely at ease.We were in for around 40 minutes which was ample time,though in fact it flew by.
We hopefully find out the results by the end of next week.I'll keep you all posted.
Many thanks go to all on this wonderful site,without whose input,advice & support I would have been lost,& the very best of luck to all those yet to begin thier appeals,it's honestly not as bad as you may think :)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

THREE!!!!!

Blooming 'eck woman - one's bad enough :cry:

Here's wishing you the very best of luck, you must have nerves of steel :)

I hope all goes well in all your appeals and you are overwhelmed with offers when they see what an error has been made in not offering in the first place :)

*fingers crossed for you*
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Awe snowdrops,thankyou x
I really didn't need nerves of steel at all,in fact I think the Head was rather infuriated by how pleasant & friendly the appeal panel were,he kept his arms firmly folded throughout the whole thing & had a face like thunder !
Three positive outcomes would be like winning the lottery,we'll happily settle for one.
Sods law says this is lulling me into a false sense of security & the next two will be gruelling :lol: Heyho,I've approached this whole thing with a nothing ventured,nothing gained attitude,so bring on the next appeal !!
Sallyj x
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

sallyj wrote:I think the Head was rather infuriated by how pleasant & friendly the appeal panel were,he kept his arms firmly folded throughout the whole thing & had a face like thunder !
Well, if nothing else, that must have been most satisfying! :lol:

Best of luck with the other appeals and the forthcoming results.
Marylou
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Yes, all the best. hope you get at least one good outcome soon.
Bougalou
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Thanks everyone for your words of support x
As far as the head is concerned,I actually felt quite sorry for the poor bloke by the time we'd finished. He may yet win the war,but we enjoyed the battle :lol:
Sallyj x
susannah

1st appeal today

Post by susannah »

Good luck Sallyj. Hope you get a good outcome. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Well,the postman has been & delivered the news that our first appeal failed :cry:
Despite this,we know we did our best. We'll put it behind us & move onto appeal number two,tally ho,onward & upward,stiff upper lip chaps :lol:
This was the school we wanted least of our three choices,so we'll do as others have suggested,& call it a trial run.
Time now to perfect our appeal technique ready for the next go !
Thankyou to all who have wished us well,I'll keep you posted x
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

You only need one of them to be successful Sally.

Keeping my fingers *crossed* for the magic *one* for you.

Well done so far and keep going.

When's the next one, do you know yet?
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Heart felt commiserations. All the best for nos 2 and 3

Bougalou