LATYMER UPPER

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wombat1

LATYMER UPPER

Post by wombat1 »

From browsing this board, I gather that the Latymer Upper reasoning paper is very difficult and not your usual 'Bond' standard. Can any parents with children at Latymer please point me in the right direction as to which reasoning papers I should be looking at getting.

Many thanks.
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

My daughter was offered a place at Latymer Upper this year and we used mainly Bond and just one pack of Letts papers. Don't know whether she was just lucky, though. She didn't find the reasoning particularly hard and it is only one of 3 papers in the exam.
Thea

Post by Thea »

I know several children who were offered places at Latymer, and who had none, or very basic VR tuition. Certainly not as challenging as Tiffin, for example.
Best Regards,
Thea
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

S
Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Actually Tiffin has 2 tests, one non verbal and one verbal, both the same length. DD said the Latymer VR one was much easier - more like Bond or the NFER practise tests.
mad?
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mad?

Post by mad? »

hopeforthebest wrote:You are right of course Mad about both papers !I must be going a bit Mad tonight! You tutor GCSE Maths don't you? . It must be so helpful to be in a position where you know that one subject is thoroughly covered with DC. now...if only I was good at maths myself ...but sadly no...and I have round two with DS still to come in the future..
Hi H4TB regrettably I am incapable of getting my DC to do anything let alone tutor them! I'm not a tutor nor am I remotely intelligent! I have round 2 to go with DD2 and can't wait for it all to be over, one way or the other!
mad?