If Not Well

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

If Not Well

Post by Guest »

Wonder if some of you could answer this question.

If my child is unwell (cough, cold, runny nose that sort of thing) on the day of the test - but thinks they will be okay to carry on, do we let our child take the test but let examiners know about the illness, or do we opt out and ask for another test date?

Just a bit confused (again!)
Road Runner

ill

Post by Road Runner »

If you think this will effect his/her performance and they themselves feel it will then do not send them in for the test as it will not help any appeal you may haveto make.

My son wasn't well last year. Two days before the test the Doc said he had a throat infection. I wasn't sure what to do but my son said he thought he would be ok and just wanted to get it over and done with. I was a bit torn but on the actual day he had perked up(wasn't better as had a cold too)but I also thought as he wanted to go in it may have been detrimental not to have sent him.

When he came out of school that day he was a lot better, mainly I think because he had finally done the test and was pretty confident he had done enough to pass.

As it happens he did pass with 124 although maybe had he been fully fit he may have got a higher score, who knows.

If he had said he did not feel well enough to do the test then I would never have sent him in.

I am pretty sure that if you choose to sned your child in then you have deemed them well enough.

Melx
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Where do you come from? Some areas do not allow resits....

Check with your admissions dept or the grammar you are applying for.

Patricia