Remarkably quiet for the time of year!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
capers123

Remarkably quiet for the time of year!

Post by capers123 »

I can hear the wind whistling across the abandoned wilderness of the Gloucestershire forum.

I wonder if there are less appealing people (so to speak)? I've got quite a few days allocated for appeals in my diary over the next months, but wonder if I'll be able to spend the time less stressfully in my office after all. Last year seemed quieter as well than the previous 3 years - that was the first year of the new 'indicative result' letter.
Capers
Milla

Post by Milla »

personally, not being involved this year, my stomach knots are nicely brewing, thank you, in preparation for this November :(
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

A couple of people have come on to ask about appealing but seem to have gone again. Have to admit am very curious to know how they got on.

Am feeling quite relaxed at the mo about next year Milla but have to admit I am lucky in that DS2 is more straight forward than DS1.

Trying to be blase about DS1's SATS at the mo especially as he will be away on Scout camp for the weekend before them.

Keep chanting 'I will not fret about his spelling ,... I will not... etc'

Just have to remind myself he achieved his goal (Tommy's) and all else is irrelevent, until GCSE's of course :roll: .

mmm that is apart from his violin grade having conveniently failed to mention that he left his book in teacher's house for all of easter hols even though he supposedly was practicing for 20 mins most days :?:
Milla

Post by Milla »

SATs I refuse to get stressy about - it's the schools prob not your boy's, Tolstoy!
madmax

Post by madmax »

Hi,

We have our appeal for Tommies in May. Does any one know if anyone else is appealing for Tommies .

Have has a lot of paperwotk through to read and digest. :(
Milla

Post by Milla »

I don't know, all I do know is it's advisable to get your school, being your current primary, on your side, in order to furnish details of past performance in recorded tests, etc, proving that he is of "grammar material" and all that and to stress how Tommy's itself would be best for your boy. Being a pleaser, I'd've thought how good your child would be for the school would be important, too, but have heard that what you do is to stress the needs of the child for that school. Good luck, it must be a trying process but at least you are doing all you can for your child and I wish you well! I think Capers is the one you need to gallop to your rescue.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi Madmax,

As you are appealing on over subscription grounds,make sure you have read the appeals section specifically for this reason-there are lots of hints and tips on there.

Good luck,

GM.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Milla wrote:SATs I refuse to get stressy about - it's the schools prob not your boy's, Tolstoy!
Ditto. We took DD1 out of school on Friday afternoon to travel to a festival in Hastings. All they tend to do is play rounders - but it could have been SATS revision. We're not even sure when they are!
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Ours have been doing lots of revision at school, complete with bribery. DS2 can't wait until next year as he reckons because there are only 9 of them sitting as opposed to 20 they will get bigger and better incentives. I scared him by telling him the SATS may be stopped.

Good to see the children take it so seriously though :lol:.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Goodluck with your appeal Madmax. Is it soon? Do let us know how you get on.

What sort of record does your Primary head have with appeals? Our's has 100% interestingly and no that is not out of just one :) . Would love to know if some heads are more successful than others?