Westfield

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

raceytracey

Westfield

Post by raceytracey »

To All Those who have been allocated Westfield

Just been on their website and seen that there is going to be a new school uniform as of September.

http://www.westfield.herts.sch.uk/docum ... ay2009.pdf

At least its a better than the existing one!
:)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looks OK and they are obviously trying to get the whole school to take it on - otherwise takes years to filter through.

Not sure about the "clip on tie" though - why have they suggested that ??? Usually oly do that if little kids can't tie their tie yet or in a situatin where the tie can be (and sometimes is) grabbed - ambulancemen used to wear them but have gone for a differnt uniform now.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's to stop children doing the 'fat tie' thing that Y9/10 think is cool. There is at least one GS in Lincolnshire that has them as part of its uniform I believe.
watmum

Post by watmum »

Well that makes sense Guest55, the clip on tie s a good idea, at least if it puts a stop to that awful short/fat tie fashion thing, it looks so dreadful
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Guest55 wrote:It's to stop children doing the 'fat tie' thing that Y9/10 think is cool. There is at least one GS in Lincolnshire that has them as part of its uniform I believe.
ah that explains it - very sensible - DS has to have a specific number of stripes showing in his tie so I presume his GS have had problems too.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

The clip on tie will stop the current craze for "peanutting" where you pull (or grab hold of and swing on) a classmate's tie so it tightens and he can not undo the knot.

I couldn't understand the impossibly tightly knotted ties until DS explained what was happening. Like a high or scrag tackle in rugby anything stressing the neck is not good. :cry:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That particular one has not reached Bucks yet - I hope it doesn't - sounds dire!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Peanutting-that particular action is called "cherrying" at DS school-he has often come home with an extremely tight knot in his tie that takes ages to undo!
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

Peanutting has certainly been around in DS1’s GS in Bucks. Thankfully it wasn’t long lived – about 3 weeks in year 7 only.

However it also wasn’t new to me as I remember it from my own GS days 30 odd years ago.

Having said that it is hideous and dangerous but generally seems to be a short term phase.

If you tell your child to lower their head towards their chest as it is being done to them this reduces the force against their neck, tends to mean the peanutting is less effective and therefore they are not a good candidate to have it done to.
sortie

Post by sortie »

I like the uniform. Perhaps a school badge on the blazer would also be good. Also good that pupils have had a say in choice,
local school mummy
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now