Are The Authorities Getting Tougher?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Snowdrops

Are The Authorities Getting Tougher?

Post by Snowdrops »

Came across this article today - seems like at least one mother may go to jail for lying about her address.

Whilst I can feel sorry for her, it's not right to do this.

My next door neighbour (whose children aren't of secondary age for many years yet) has already said they will rent a house for a few months in order to get a school of their choice - puts me in a difficult position because I don't think it's right to do that!

The link to the article in the Mail on Sunday is here:

(Incorrect link deleted by Moderatros S-A - correct link is below)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Etienne
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I'm not finding the article through that link Snowdrops. I would love to read it.

EDIT. Thanks Snowdrops and Etienne!!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

See my link above .....

We must have both posted about the same time!

[Edit: And again!]
Etienne
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Sorry - found the article I wanted, thought I'd copied the link, but passed on one I was pasting into anohter forum.

Just as well it wasn't something naughty :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Etienne, thank you for posting the correct link :D

............ and, just in case anyone does want to know how to convert Excel spreadsheets into Access databases, I will leave the original link there - or maybe I won't seeing as how it's now been deleted by a mod :(
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

LOL!!!! :mrgreen:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I wonder if that really happened...the split from husband, followed by the reconciliation???
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I think that was quite a good excuse to come up with to try and get away with what had really happened!!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I agree!
zee

Post by zee »

Ed's mum wrote:I wonder if that really happened...the split from husband, followed by the reconciliation???
I know a case that was sort of the other way round.

Family had finally bought and done up their dream home. A year or two later, they realised they wouldn't get eldest child into secondary they wanted, but it was a unique property they didn't want to give up, and they couldn't affort school fees for 3 children (perhaps because of the house?).

So they faked a split. Mum and kids moved to a small rented property near the school. They told friends and family they'd split, though they said it was amicable, and they lived that way for almost a year, by when the plan was to be reconciled. Only problem was, by then they'd both got used to a degree of independence, couldn't make living together again work, and ultimately the "dream house" had to be sold as part of the divorce - even though that was the overriding thing they wanted to avoid!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now