Consultation closed 6th March 09.

Crossley Heath

North Halifax
mitasol

Exam Dates 2009

Post by mitasol »

[edited July 09]
Pre-Test Information
Wednesday 2nd September 2009 - Pre Test application forms are available from the Pre Test office at North Halifax Grammar School.
Wednesday 16th September 2009 - closing date for Pre-Test applications.
Pre-Test: NHGS on Saturday 10 October 2009

Open Evenings
Tuesday 29th September 2009 - Open Evening at North Halifax Grammar School
Thursday 1st October 2009 - Open Evening at The Crossley Heath School

Entrance Exam: Saturday 5 December 2009
Haze

Post by Haze »

Thanks for those Mitasol - they are now marked on my calendar.

However I can't find any more about the pre-test. How do you go about applying to sit that? Will it be through the primary school, or direct to the Grammar school, or is there a council form to fill in somewhere?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Haze,

Keep an eye on the NHGS website for the registration date. Last year the date to register was September 2nd-17th. I assume it will be similar this year.

Once registration opens, you can apply online or direct to NHGS, as the test is organised by the PA of NHGS.
Haze

Post by Haze »

Thanks Mitasol. That has answered my question beautifully :lol:

How are you doing? Has the excitement of getting in died down yet?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It's a bit of a let down after all the build up to allocation day. :shock:

It's such a long time from allocation to starting school but I think things pick up in July when we go to sort out the uniform.

How are you getting on?
Haze

Post by Haze »

We have worked our way through 20 of the 21 types. Some he flies through, other neither of us can do! But I think we're generally moving in the right direction now so not too bad really.

I've given him a week off while he does the in-school year 5 SATS and he stars in the local Gang Show! :lol:
seaskystar

Post by seaskystar »

I've given him a week off while he does the in-school year 5 SATS and he stars in the local Gang Show! :lol:[/quote]

Good luck with the SATs. My DD is doing them this week, she's OK about it (and has been given less 11+ homework by the tutor) but is not so pleased about doing two of each paper - presumably she is doing the Level 4 and Level 5 papers as she got Level 4s across the board in the SATs last May.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

If the school thinks they are capable - they should just give them the higher paper.

How do they sell it? As a reward for doing so well - you get to do another sats paper! :shock:

Glad to hear it's all going well :D
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

mitasol wrote:If the school thinks they are capable - they should just give them the higher paper.

How do they sell it? As a reward for doing so well - you get to do another sats paper! :shock:

LOL. I don't know why they don't just give her the level 5 paper, she got all level 4s last time anyway. Still she likes doing SATs, strange child! lol....good job really.

Glad to hear it's all going well :D
Thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now