Benchmark figure

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
elainejacobs

Benchmark figure

Post by elainejacobs »

Does anyone have any idea what the benchmark figure is likely to be this year? Or indeed any guidance with previous years??

Have results now but now worried if it is good enough... when will this end?
chad

Post by chad »

It depends on the school you have put down.

Langley usually have a higher cut off than Herschel/ Slough Grammar
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Elaine what score did you get?

JuliaB

Post by Guest »

We applied to Herschel and he got 119?!
chad

Post by chad »

Shouldn't have thougt there would be a problem...... Langley apparently offered to 120 last year then went down to the 114/115 mark. (some on appeal)
Herschel offered to 112 (I think) last year and then some 111's not sure if any were 'not' offered. I know of at least 1 appeal that got in at 110.

Post by Guest »

Langley had 810 applicants, of which 387 scored between 141 and 111 were eligible for a place, with only 145 places available.
Kulvy

Post by Kulvy »

I am also worried. My son's score was 117 and we put Herschel as our first choice. Do you think we will have a problem?

first choice

Post by Guest »

My son scored 138. We put down Slough Grammar as our first choice and second choice Langley. I hope I get my first choice and not second. I am really worried.

Post by Guest »

We also put down Slough grammar as our first choice and Langley as second. My daughter scored 134 and I am sure they will offer her first choice and not second. So don't worry about it because we also want our daughter to go to Slough and not Langley.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Guest and Kulvy,

I fully agree with Chad and her comments about Herschel's offers last year. It seems that Herschel is getting more and more poular, but there is a big gap between 112 and 117/119. There is no need to worry.

Best wishes

Catherine
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now