books at amazon

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shas

books at amazon

Post by shas »

Hi
I have just started teaching my daughter for the 11+ exams, ( Iknow i am late). I was looking for IPS books, on amazon they are much cheaper, than on their own website, does anyone have any clue as to why. I was thinking wether they are old edition or something diff. where have others puchased from can you advice.
Thanks for reading this post, and all advice is welcome.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi
the amazon ones were published 2003-2005 which is when ones on other sites were published.

worth checking the postage and packing as this can be higher in some places than others, I use Amazon Prime which covers P&P on everything for one year but I have to say just encourages me to buy more things...... not sure what their postage is normally - may be higher than the other sites you have looked at?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

dont know if this helps, but did you try the book depository? they are normally cheaper than amazon.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

The books on this site are good value and I received mine very quickly.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/index.php.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

...and when I ordered some from there I got some others, which I hadn't asked for but they obviously thought would be helpful, thrown in for free!!!
Loopy
shas

Post by shas »

Thanks for your advice, I have checked the prices + del chgs on Amazon and others as suggested, they are cheaper at amazon. Loopyloulou where had you ordered from - amazon or their third party sellers.
Thanks
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Loopy
Rosette

Post by Rosette »

I ordered from this elevenplusexams site too (several times), it's very easy to find what you need (and more!), very quick delivery.

And much better than the tutor's illegible old papers (just to be clear that's "tutor's" not "Tutors"!).
Rosette
shas

Post by shas »

Hi all
thanks for your help, just ordered with the http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk with really quick delivery ie. tomorrow . The guy I spoke to recommended the Tutors CDs for VR, has anyone tried it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now