Anyone know who the new head at SHSB will be?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Shrimpergarry

Anyone know who the new head at SHSB will be?

Post by Shrimpergarry »

I understand Michael Frampton is retiring at the end of this academic year. (Which is a shame as my wife and I were really impressed by him).

Interviews were apparently last week. Anyone know who got the job and what their background is?

Post by Guest »

Sorry for not replying sooner, I had to check that it was public knowledge.

The new head at SHSB is Robin Bevan, currently senior Deputy at KEGS. A huge loss to KEGS is a great gain to Southend. He is a mathematician (able to argue authoritatively with outside bodies about value-added data), although seems to have knowledge of most subjects (speaks French and German, plays a musical instrument etc). Perhaps his main hobby is cycling, and he has encouraged some very fine cyclists at KEGS (including a future olympic champion, I'm sure).

Some of us staff (and students) think of him as like one of the 'Incredibles' - a superhero who makes very occasional mistakes to try to convince us all that he is human. He is compassionate and kind, and at the same time is probably the one member of staff naughty boys are genuinely afraid of.

I believe he is finishing a PhD at Cambridge at the moment, although he has a strong suspicion of flowery, meaningless language (examples of which he regularly passes me).

If he sounds to good to be true, well just wait and see. Here is what the students think:

http://www.ratemyteachers.co.uk/schools ... bin__bevan
Karen

Post by Karen »

WOW!! A fantastic coup for SHSB.

Just to ask, as I believe we have met him. Does this Mr Bevan have great taste in ties?!! :lol:

Post by Guest »

That's him! And colourblind too - that explains the ties!
Karen

Post by Karen »

Well, like you say, he has to convince you he's human! Best of luck to Mr Bevan in his new post.
K

Post by Guest »

How interesting, he did the talk when we visited KEGS and we were really really impressed by him. A great coup for SHSB and a big loss to KEGS - makes me even more keen for my son to make it! Damn those questions he missed out in the VR!!!!
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Sorry - that last post was me! Forgot to log on :oops:
Karen

Post by Karen »

We must have been at the same talk, Shrimpergarry. We were impressed by him, too. Now my son says he's not bothered which (if any)grammar he gets! Hope your son did better than you fear - fingers crossed for him.

K
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now