dr challoner's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nicola

dr challoner's

Post by nicola »

Hi there, just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice on the likelihood of my son getting a place at Dr Challoners. He passed the bucks paper with 129 but we are out approx out of catchment about half mile if that of the boundaries they have set! I have put it down as a first preference and then RGS but I don't know whether he will be considered at all.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The allocations for 2006 are on the web:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get//asse ... ofiles.pdf

about DCGS it says "All in area siblings and in area boys to a distance of 8.019 miles".

It depends how many other boys have reached the 121+ and live nearer than you. The schools do not know before March which pupil have been allocated to them.
hugh

Post by hugh »

Well done to your son on passing comfortably.

However, under current rules a pass is a pass and how "good" a pass it is no longer has any relevance for allocation.

If there are any places left for out of catchment children it is purely down to who lives closest.

But although you're close, be aware that is very rare for more than a tiny handful of out of catchment boys to get in to Challoner's.

More positively, others have said on this forum that your son's year is a smaller cohort than recent years, so maybe you'll be lucky.

Incidentally, you don't get extra credit for putting it first, it just means that your son's application will be considered by Challoner's before any other school. If they offer him a place, that's it; if they don't have a place, it gets passed to your second choice school.