Test dates

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

blessing

Test dates

Post by blessing »

Can i just ask if any other schools did their 11+ on another days at their schools other than the 4/11 an 11/11. apparently my daughter school did not receive their test papers from Bucks on time and did the exams like a week after the usual. Exams actually took place on 10/10 and 10/11.

One of the parents at my daughter school said she is putting this on her appeal. Obviously the children did not have the usual 6/7 days break btw both exams that other schools did. and might affect the children performance slightly It would be interesting to know other people views

Blessing

Post by Guest »

Did this mean everyone did the Bucks test on 4/10 and 11/10 and how come our own school did the first paper a week after other schools.

Some parents are saying it affects their children performance because they were agitated etc and had no breaks of so many days in btwn both papers like other schools did.

What are other people's and comments. Etienne, what do u think of people mentioning this in their appeals

Blessing
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear blessing

As far as I know, there is no absolute requirement that there must be a gap of a week between the two Bucks tests.

Out-county schools sometimes administer the Bucks tests on consecutive days.

In my experience, a panel only became concerned when the two tests were on the same day (yes, it does happen!), and when the scores were close to 121.

Regards
Etienne
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi there,
Yes my sons school did the tests with only 1 day break in between. They did the first one on the 11 Oct and the 2nd was on the 13 October (Friday 13th!!) We are out of County , so whether that makes a difference or not I dont know.
DP
blessing

Post by blessing »

We are out of county too, children who took tests in their schools are supposed to take them on 4/10 and 11/10. However our took theirs on 10/10 and 11/10 because the test papers did not arrive on time from Bucks County. In fact we all received calls late afternoon of the day before the first.

Parents think this has an impact on the child preparation and performance because of the lateness and having to take the second test following day after the first one.

How did the results fair at your child school, i f i may ask

Blessing
clover

Post by clover »

I know this doesn't apply to bucks, but you may be interested to know that some authorities administer the exam over one day only.

My daughter will be taking her test tomorrow in Newport, Shropshire
(help).

This consists of 2 x 1 hour verbal reasoning tests in the space of 3 hours and I know that some other LEA's also do this, so perhaps a short time between papers will have no impact on your appeal.

Whatever you decide I wish you all the best with your appeal.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear clover

Interesting to hear about what happens in Newport, Shropshire. Children are obviously made of sterner stuff over there, but I hope the rest of the day will be less pressurised for them!

I recall a case some years ago about a late 11+, administered by the child's own school in May. The child was made to sit the 11+ papers in the morning, and a national SATs test in the afternoon!

Good luck to your daughter tomorrow.
Etienne
devonmum

Post by devonmum »

We go one better than that in Devon: my son has just taken the 11+ here which consisted of a 50 minute VR paper, a 50 minute Maths paper and finally 50 min English paper taken in one morning, 9.00-12.30pm!!
He was quite tired afterwards!

Post by Guest »

it's the same in Slough for the out of county children. 9.00 - 13.00 with a short break.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now