Girls Day School Trust

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Girls Day School Trust

Post by Guest »

Can anyone tell me how well you have to do in the exams to be offered a scholarship. Do they offer a certain number by school or is it in rank order. I am interested in Notting Hill and Ealing High.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

I have never heard of a school offering scholarship places by school/rank order. I think that’s bizarre - i.e. most unlikely as scholarship places are viewed in effect as a competition.

I'm don’t know what scholarships the two schools you've mentioned offers but normally they’re offered to pupils who have performed extremely well in music, sport and/or academic entrance tests. Current school reports (behaviour & potential) and outside school achievements are in the mix too.

Post by Guest »

They offer academic scholarships, 50% of fees, based on the entrance exams. As the GDST have a number of schools I wondered whether it is offered per school, or as there is one exam for all, to the highest ranked candidates.

Post by Guest »

Normally the latter, highest ranked candidates, but not always 1 paper. Sometimes there is a seperate paper or additional "scholarship questions" at the end of the general exam.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now