Writing your workings on the question paper - Tiffin

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LizaB

Writing your workings on the question paper - Tiffin

Post by LizaB »

Can anyone confirm whether or not Tiffin allow you to jot down workings on the question paper? I have seen one post asking this and the reply was - yes you can. If my memory serves me right my DS said they were not allowed to do this.
boltew

Post by boltew »

My son took the Tiffin test in December and he said that they were allowed to write on the question paper. The answer sheet is separate i.e not stapled to the actual question paper. They collect the question paper at the end of the examinations.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

DS took test last December and there was no restriction on writing on the question paper.

During his 11+ practice I always encouraged him to use the question paper to write/workout where necessary.
LizaB

Post by LizaB »

Thanks for the info Boltew and Gilly.
Jelly

DS

Post by Jelly »

The upper middle classes clamour for their DS to get to the right school ! - Tiffin would be the last one on my list, stoney broke it will be nothing more than an exam factory as their debts increase by the week
dd
boltew

Post by boltew »

The upper middle classes clamour for their DS to get to the right school ! - Tiffin would be the last one on my list, stoney broke it will be nothing more than an exam factory as their debts increase by the week
My son was one of ten from his school who sat the Tiffin exam. None of these children come from upper middle class families. I think you'll find the upper middle class try for the school across the road (KGS).
Many families cannot afford private school fees and go for Tiffin instead.
From the outside, it does look like Tiffin is in a financial pickle. DS was offered a place at Tiffin but after some sleepless nights, I decided that it was not the right school for him.
Thea

Post by Thea »

I know a few people whose child was offered a place but have opted for indie rather than Tiffin this year, desoite the financial sacrifice ( no-one I know is rich!) even with scholarships. A few years ago would ahve been a no-brainer to go for tiffin :(
Best Regards,
Thea
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

I recommend that all those with bright children who can afford it go to independent this year rather than Tiffin Boys. Please don't sit the exam.

:wink:
Animis opibusque parati
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now