Fantastic News

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
madmax

Fantastic News

Post by madmax »

We received our letter today about our appeal and I must admit I was very nervous when opening it.

I was on the phone to my other half whislt opening it and I'm afraid he's now deaf as I shrieked down the phone.

I couldn't believe it. Our Appeal was sucessful.
Our son is now off to Tommies with his older brother.

All I can say it was worth all the stress and lost sleep.

Again many thanks for all the advice we have received from this forum.
Good luck to all of you who are waiting to hear on your appeal outcomes.

From a very relieved Mum :D :D :D :D
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh I can imagine the fear on opening The Envelope. Delighted to hear this! Well done you. what a relief. Can I ask (with a nervous eye out for next year) what you based your appeal on? You passed by 6, but failed to get in (you meaning him, d'oh, of course!) so presumably got 216 - did this tally with the Pates mark, or did you not put pates on teh list? SOrry to be nosy, it's just the big rev up to next year is beginning in my mind.
Congratulations again!
from a Y7 Tommies mother
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Many congratulations to you and your DS!!!

You can now relax and enjoy the summer,and the last few weeks of year 6!

GM
capers123

Post by capers123 »

My daughter told me that Stroud High appeal results were also out a couple of days ago - one of her friends won an appeal (and, no, I certainly wasn't on the panel).
Capers
Milla

Post by Milla »

am assuming and hoping (from lack of reply to little miss strangely desperate :wink: ) that some well-deserved wine is being enjoyed.
pluto1

Post by pluto1 »

Well done, I'm really pleased for you. Happily our appeal was succesful too :lol:
Was it worth it? Oh yes!
Would I want to go through it all again? Oh No!
I was wondering how you got on and I am delighted for you. We got our decision via e-mail and I was so nervous that I hit the wrong keys and it took what seemed to be an eternity to open it (Probably 30 seconds in reallity). I telephoned my wife and after deafening her, I could hear her colleagues cheering; You see it is not just the parents who live this-it's friends,family and colleagues who get drawn in. So if there is any advice, be prepared for it to be tougher than you expected and extremely emotional.
well done again and see you there.
However, it was worth it. :D
Regards
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

Well done madmax and pluto1!!!

And huge congratulations to your DCs!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Some fantastic news - well done!

Enjoy the summer ...
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

YAY! Fantastic news :D
Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

pluto1 wrote:Would I want to go through it all again? Oh No!
Have a care for the parents who are appealing for more than one school - a small handful appeal for 4 (can you imagine it), although by the last one, they've probably got their presentation really slick. The downside is that if they won all 4, the 3 non-taken-up places are not re-allocated to another appeal.

I bumped into a parent in the street who won an appeal I heard recently. He didn't recognise me, claiming he was too nervous to take anything in on the day; I can understand that - he was almost shaking in the appeal with nerves. He did comment thought that the panel must have been human :shock: (and there was me thinking I came from outer space).
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now