What To Wear???

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chardom

What To Wear???

Post by chardom »

We are going to an induction BBQ and get-together at DS's future school next Wednesday teatime. Its a chance for the children to start to get to know each other before September but have no idea what the dress code is at these things :? and dont want to stick out like a sore thumb! Casual, smart casual, smart - the possibilities are endless :!: Has anybody been to an event like this before and can give me some idea. Failing that, does anyone know Gok Wan's phone number :lol: :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Chardom... wear whatever you like and feel happy in, don't get into worrying about what other people think.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Depends on the weather but for example:

a pair of linen trousers and blouse or fitted top - no cleavage on show or garish jewellery

if it's really hot then a summer dress and cardy

dress DC in whatever they want aslong as it's not chavy
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I have been to one of these .In fact received very nice invitation to DD2 's "New Parent evening".We did the first two years ago.I would go along with Tipsy on the linen trousers and blouse type look.Essentially smart but not overly dressy.

It was quite a nice evening and , if you are happy with your child's prospective school , has quite a feel good factor. :wink:
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

May be you can make contact with the parents of someone in the year above who went through it last year and can fill you in. Sounds pretty smart but cas...at that time of the day.

A nice idea so you can make some contact with other parents before the big day in September.

Ambridge
SSM

Post by SSM »

Since it's tea time, you could always go in work wear and use the excuse that you have come straight from work :roll:
chardom

Post by chardom »

Have a couple of pairs of linen trousers so thats a great idea, thanks. I think DS will wear his usual favourite outfit of skinny jeans, polo shirt and pumps. Hope the sun has got his hat on for the big day :lol:
Thea

Post by Thea »

Agree with Tipsy - do not overdress! ( Unless using the 'just from work' ploy) Understated MUCH better than trying too hard. And absolutely key to be comfortable in.
Best Regards,
Thea
chardom

Post by chardom »

BBQ cancelled as it has rained ALL day! :roll: How typically British! Had a lovely outfit sorted which would have been both stylishly understated and comfy! They are trying to rearrange it before they break up on July 3rd but not hopeful they can find the time as they have lots of other school events already planned. Will just have to think of somewhere else to wear my lovely outfit :!:
Thea

Post by Thea »

stylishly understated and comfy never wasted! its time will come and you have it ready... :D
Best Regards,
Thea
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now