Bushey Hall - Any news guys?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Genesis

Bushey Hall - Any news guys?

Post by Genesis »

Just wondering how the other members of the Bushey Hall - 'Didn't choose it, got it anyway, don't want it ' club are doing?

We are still there come September as it stands :roll:
Went to a morning at the school last week, lots of exciting plans for the Academy unveiled, but you just don't want your child to be one of the guinea pigs do you? DD still not happy about going there, but feels marginally better than she did.

We are back up to our original place (18th) at Bushey Meads after 3 months, having dropped down 5 places due to late applicants.

Ricky is not in the equation any more.
In the 40's at WGGS but obviously no chance.

In the 40's at Queens, as we are late applicants there.

Waiting on the latest run of CI list for Francis Combe, didn't move at all last time.

How are the rest of you doing? Greenteadrinker, Winnie, VAUOAK, and others! Any news?
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

You say you are way down the list for Queens as you are a late applicant... I'm sure I read elsewhere on the forum that Queens have been instructed by the council that they can't do this and you should be put into the waiting lists at the position you would have been had you originally chosen Queens...

You might want to look into this.

Alison
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

Thanks! Yes, originally we were way down their CI list, over 100 as late applicants.
Then it transpired that they had been running the list incorrectly and we jumped to the 50's overnight! :D
Now that's the sort of movement i like on a CI list!!! :lol:
So us being in the 40's is our updated position. Similar on academic and distance as it is our nearest school.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi Genesis,

Still keeping everything crossed for you and your DD ( makes everyday life very difficult :lol: )
have you heard any news re appeals ?
tense

Post by tense »

I know someone who has appeals at Bushey Meads & Queens this week, so presumably the consortium appeals must soon be coming to an end. That should lead to some movement on the waiting lists.

My friend's DS was allocated BH, but is lucky enough to be going private if the appeals are unsuccessful (they are not overly well off & are fretting madly about the cost, but at least they are in a position to give it a go, which is more than many people are :( ).