Information on applying for extra time

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mr Information

Information on applying for extra time

Post by Mr Information »

Parents may be considering applying for extra time or other special arrangements for their child in the Selection Tests. There is limited public information available about the requirements set by Warwickshire County Council which they will use to determine if a child should be given extra time etc. For the Selection Test in October 2008 parents were not told whether or not their request for extra time or other special arrangements had been granted until shortly before the date of the Selection Tests. This was at the same time as when the “sample sheetsâ€
Mr Information
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Welcome to the forum Mr Information.

I am sure that there will be people who frequent this section who will find your information most helpful. Thank you.
Charlotte67

Re: Information on applying for extra time

Post by Charlotte67 »

Thank you Mr Information, I'm sure there will be many who find this interesting.

One thing....
Mr Information wrote:1. In 2008, the Selection Tests were entirely multiple choice.
Is this true? I thought the exam was a combination of multiple choice & standard. :?

Thanks again,

Charlotte
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

My son seemed to think most sections were multiple choice but he definitely thought some sections, e.g. the longer maths, were standard. He may have been mistaken, but also the sample questions imply some standard format maths questions:
http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corp ... stions.pdf
Having said this, I think Mr Information is right that no questions require lengthy written answers that might justify any extra time for slow writing speed.
magwich2

information on applying for extra time

Post by magwich2 »

Does Mr In formation (or anyone else) know whether any child was allowed to sit the 11+ last october despite already being 12?
We think we do know of one such child.
How would their results be standardised?
We understand that this only gets worse and that said over-age child may have crept in on appeal??
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now