section 2--question 4,8
section 3---question 11
section 5 question 10
rr

Post by rr »

can somebody answer these queries please
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

rr - Nfer NVR A is a notoriously difficult paper and there has been much discussion about the various questions. If you scroll down a few threads to the one originated by Kevin8 you will probably find the answers to your your questions.
Rose petal

NVR 11A

Post by Rose petal »

For what it's worth this is how I think the answers to these questions are worked out.

Section 2 Q4
As in the previous explanation it is "c" because it is the only one which has the same shapes and colours as appear in both boxes to the left.

Section 2 Q8
If you look at the top row, the shape that looks like a pond has gone from having a dashed outline in the left box to a complete outline in the right box. It has gone from the top of the box to the bottom and it has been rotated 180. The other shape in the box has followed the same pattern.

Applying this to the shapes in the bottom row the small shape will be on the bottom pointing right with a bold outline, this means either a or d. The larger shape will be at the top with a dashed outline and it will be rotated 180. This makes it "a" as "d" is not a rotated version.

Section 3 Q11
In the first two boxes where the circles overlap they are black, and there is a constant circle in the top left . This means that in the 3rd box the circles are on top of each other.

This is suggesting that one circle stays in the top left and the other is moving around the four corners of the box. In box 1 it is bottom right, then bottom left in box 2, top left in box 3 (on top of the other circle and hence is all black) and so in box four it will be top right and in box 5 back to bottom right.

This makes the answer "C" - circle in top left and a second circle in the top right and when they intersect it is black.

Section 5 Q10
Within the box on the left, both arrows in each pair are exactly the same. The ones on the right are the same arrows as the ones on the left, but rotated and slightly thinner. A and B can be discounted as both arrows of each pair are different thicknesses. E can be discounted because the arrow head is the other way to the ones it is being compared to. This leaves C and D. D has the same kind of arrow head as E. That leaves the answer as C which is basically the same as the pair on the right in the left hand box just thinner again.

Hope that helps.

I have not got my DD to do this paper yet, so I can't comment as to how she did.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now