Slough primary schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Looking for help

Slough primary schools

Post by Looking for help »

Can anyone tell me whether primary schools in Slough run 11+ preparation classes as a matter of course or is it entirely down to the parents to tutor for the test?

Many thanks,
LFH
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

Children at Slough primaries sit the Langley/ Herschel 11+ at their primary schools but the schools aren't allowed to do anything towards it. It's not even mentioned at my children's school( not even in the yr6 meeting at the start of the year), and when you do ask all you're told is that they are a venue where the exam is held and they no nothing more about it. From what I gather it's like this at all Slough state primary schools. It's all down to the parents here.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Thank you , Bcookerblum I just heard that there was some practice and advice, obviously not the case - do all the children sit the test or can you opt out if you feel it is not appropriate for your child?

Thanks,

LFH
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

We have an opt in system so children only sit it if you've entered them for it.
I think Bucks have an opt out system, also I think Bucks schools have a few familiarisation sessions or papers before the exams( and as some Slough schools may be in Bucks- I'm not sure but I think some might be- this might be what you've heard about.)
Confused? I am, LOL.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now