Travel to KES-Stratford from Solihull

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TraineeDad

Travel to KES-Stratford from Solihull

Post by TraineeDad »

Hi folks

I live in Solihull and 'er indoors and I were looking at travel times to the various schools. Aston & Five ways both seem to take an hour or so each way.

I was wondering if anyone has any parent has a child going to Stratford and what the journey times are like. I went to visit the school for my eldest and we both liked the school alot.

Thanks

Traineedad
Regards

TraineeDad
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ages ago people used to get the train - is that a possibility?
magwich2

Travel to KES stratford from solihull

Post by magwich2 »

DDs are at Stratford girls grammar and a number of girls get the train from Solihull each day
solimum

Post by solimum »

I don't think there are direct trains from Solihull to Stratford (apart from one very early at about 6:15), the quickest is to change at Warwick Parkway and National Rail enquiries gives that as at least an hour, or into Birmingham & out again which is longer. The girls you mentioned may get to another station and pick up a coach/bus however. Quite a number from Knowle/ Dorridge go to Stratford (Shottery & Stratford College more than KES) for sixth form and I believe there is a suitable school service but I don't have any details. The X20 service down the Stratford road/ A34 is also an option, depending on your location within Solihull.
TraineeDad

Post by TraineeDad »

Thanks for the replies.

The X20 service looks like a possibility. Here is a link to the timetable if anyone else is interested. I think the only problem will be returning home as the bus leaves for Birmingham at 3:45 and school finishes at 3:50 (I think) - so next bus is at 4:45!

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... htvjYoyLBg

I think I would prefer my son to take a bus. Not really keen a taking a train especially if that involves multiple trains.

Traineedad
Regards

TraineeDad
solimum

Post by solimum »

I'm sure they find plenty to do in Stratford after school.... After all , they have to meet the girls somehow!
orianagirl

Post by orianagirl »

Hi
I have been looking at transport options to Stratford/Alcester Grammar schools for my child and have found that Johnsons Coaches do special school buses both to Alcester and Stratford from Hockley Heath (check out their website for details of all school routes).
Hope this is of help.

Orianagirl