Wyc high stage one appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rash

Wyc high stage one appeal

Post by Rash »

We were unsuccessful on the stage one appeal for Wyc high. due to the fact that the school is full and cannot take any more pupils. One of the reasons given was that, there are not enough lockers available and it is a must for every girl to have her own locker (but that was not that only reason) :(
Rash
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

What rubbish! Most schools hire out lockers - if they are 'essential' they would have to be provided free for everyone.
Rash

Post by Rash »

I know but I think they were also saying that there was not enough room to place the lockers. They spoke about this room/place called dungeons where they had to place few lockers for the additional girls, but parents did say that they will not mind their daughters lockers place in that room because if you already have few girls going there the girls will not feel alienated, (which was another concern of the school).
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Crazy! Many schools don't provide lockers at all, or they are too small or get broken in to, so the kids just take their books in each day.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Rash - that sounds such a poor reason ... they should be focusing on whether there are desks

:lol: :lol:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Lots of points can be brought up in a school case, ranging from major to minor, and it would probably be much better if they had shorter cases and more of a focus on the main issues.

"Local parking difficulties" used to be another old favourite - I assume it still crops up?

They use a checklist something like this one:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 554#104554
(see point 4)

There's really no need to worry - I can't see panels attaching much importance to lockers and local parking difficulties! If the school made its case at stage 1, it would have been for more substantial reasons.
Etienne