English paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Haze

English paper

Post by Haze »

I don't know anything about the English part of the paper other than it is continuous writing and only considered for borderline cases.

Can anyone enlighten me? Is there a choice of subjects and any guidelines at all or are the children just given one subject and a few sheets of blank paper?

DS is very poor at writing so we really need him in on the Verbal reasoning and maths alone, but we need to at least talk through what he is going to be expected to do for the english section.

Thanks
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

This is off the top of my head and I will check with DS tonight.

30 mins and a title. I think it was along the lines of Ideal Home.
optimistic!

Re: English paper

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:I don't know anything about the English part of the paper other than it is continuous writing and only considered for borderline cases.

Can anyone enlighten me? Is there a choice of subjects and any guidelines at all or are the children just given one subject and a few sheets of blank paper?

DS is very poor at writing so we really need him in on the Verbal reasoning and maths alone, but we need to at least talk through what he is going to be expected to do for the english section.

Thanks
DD is being given a title by the tutor and asked to write about it for 30 minutes, she has 5 minutes for planning.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now