Starting a new independent school

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

Starting a new independent school

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thought I'd start a thread, on behalf of a certain member, for those whose kids are starting indie's for the first time or a new indie and want to ask any questions, share fears or excitment so we can maybe offer advice. :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sorry TIPSY - not reading straight tonight - I thought this was about "starting a new independent school", how exciting I though - we can start one from scratch!!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

If only I had the money. I would create the perfect prep school...teenagers would prove too difficult for me though! :shock:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Exactly how I read it too! I also felt a flush of excitement...maybe we should?? Herman can be in charge of science lessons, although Tipsy is good at disection. I will do French and frugality lessons. Separately of course. Any more takers?
sp

Post by sp »

I'm sure my DD who is starting indie secondary for first time in Sept would love to join you!! That said after her induction day last week she is now sooooo excited about going to new school. After a teary start to the day she met up with some other new kids (some come up from juniors) and this Sat is meeting up with a couple of them! She has been MSN-ing etc making plans for uniform buying etc. The school also has an activity day a few days before start of new term; it doesn't sound much fun but a good opportunity for exploring and meeting new friends. HURRAH we should have a good summer with not too many worries apart fromhow short the skirt is allowed to be and what type of bags do the older girls use........
FirstTimeBuyer

Post by FirstTimeBuyer »

hermanmunster wrote:sorry TIPSY - not reading straight tonight - I thought this was about "starting a new independent school", how exciting I though - we can start one from scratch!!!
So did I.
I volunteer for maths....and enforcement of discipline :twisted:
Exams are formidable for the best prepared. The greatest fool may ask what the wisest man cannot answer.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Can we make the fees really cheap, or else bursaries for all, please.
And of course guaranteed A*s in the A Levels etc.

But please can we have teenagers too?
FirstTimeBuyer

Post by FirstTimeBuyer »

Looking for help wrote:Can we make the fees really cheap, or else bursaries for all, please.
cheap possibly, bursaries for all....isn't that the State sector
...and no doubt prizes for all too :lol:
Exams are formidable for the best prepared. The greatest fool may ask what the wisest man cannot answer.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Free lunches for all us staff too please (along with jacuzzi for our personal use during lunch breaks :D ).
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

I would love to be art teacher.....we would of course have to visit lots of galleries and go to France, Italy and Polynesian Islands to help with all course work. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now