Meery Christmas and Happy New Year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
worried

Meery Christmas and Happy New Year

Post by worried »

I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We deserve it :P I also wanted to thank everyone here for all the big help you have given to us in the last couple of months.

See you all back in the new year
love
worried
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Worried

Yes, you all deserve a break!

I was so tense about my son's appeal last year that I really didn't enjoy the festive season at all. (In fact, I could barely eat the turkey - but I will freely admit that it has never been a great favourite of mine anyway!)

I really hope that no-one on this forum gets that wound-up this year. Please try to accept that no amount of worrying will change the situation over Christmas.

I wish you all a Happy Family Christmas with your child/ children - that is so many times more important than anything to do with the 11+.

Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

I, too wish everyone a Happy Christmas....

Although easier said than done, to all 'appealers,' do try not to worry over the festive period, children are so very good on picking up on negative vibes.

Patricia
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

To each and everyone
A week to go now before the big day of stuffing our faces and forgetting all our probelms. I am one of the 'Appealers' and I have now boxed up my appeal papers and evidence etc with a big notice on it syaing not to be opened until 2nd January. Ive decided to stop worrying, stop nail biting, stop thinking about howw Im going to present my case, what I am going to say, what I am going to wear, whether to have husband with me, etc etc etc, and only start to think about once the festive alcohol has worn off!! I do feel for those of you who have an early Jan appeal, as you will need to start preparing yourself pretty soon after Christmas, but PLEASE, do for the sake of your own sanity and for the families pleasure, take time out from it all, sit back relax and have a bit of a breather.
This site has been like finding a gold nugget to me, and I would like to thank all who contributes to this site as it has definately helped me to keep my sanity.Thank you sooooo very much Etienne for all you valuable advise too.
I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year .
Best wishes :P
DP
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

These are very wise words. dissapointed mum.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Catherine
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Absolutely Catherine. Disappointed Mum, we all did ourselves a big favour by finding this website. So we all obviously take a great interest in our children and will do our best for them. Enjoy the time off with your family (I finish work on Friday and can't wait) so you can open that box of appeal stuff on Jan 2nd full of vim and vigour!

The boards have quietened down now, but I love reading over old posts and seeing stuff I missed before. Maybe we are all hibernating now!

Merry Christmas everyone (or 'Winter Holiday' if you call it that) and let's keep supporting each other

Love

JuliaB
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now