arnesh

help on comprehnsiom

Post by arnesh »

i need some help on comprehnsion

any tips
unsure

????

Post by unsure »

You are more likely to get help on this website if you say which papers you are doing in which region of the country, and what your particular problems with comprehension are. Also, try spelling it correctly!!

Post by Guest »

I don't think it is a good idea to point out people's spellings errors. I have struggled with spellings all my life and remarks like that would put me off using this forum. Also it's clearly a typo!
also unsure

Post by also unsure »

unsure I think Arnesh is a young boy. ( could be wrong but other postings give the impression he's a young lad.)
arnesh

SORRY

Post by arnesh »

guys sorry for my grammatical mistakes.I was JUST WONDERING ON DIFFERENT WAYS TO PRACTISE AND BECOME GOOD AT COMPRENSION.
arnesh

unsure

Post by arnesh »

unsure, your comments were intimidating

Post by Guest »

Arnesh

Read as much as you can. Take a paragraph that you have read, and then summarise it in your mind, ask yourself questions about what you have read and then re-write it in your own words. I would have hoped that your teachers would have made it clear that comprehension is just that simple.

I do not agree that unsure's comments are intimidating - a dictionary will tell you that intimidation implies a threat. The comment is a critical opinion, certainly, and open to discussion. However, I'm glad to see that you obviously are capable of excellent spelling when you try - both grammatical and intimidating were most precisely spelt.

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

How patronising can you get Sally Anne?

Post by Guest »

I had no intention of patronising Arnesh. He appears to be an 11 - 13 year old boy taking entrance exams for two schools, as he has declared on other posts on the Forum. I was merely commenting on the variation in the accuracy of his spelling from post to post.

Given that Arnesh's post concerns comprehension, I felt it was worthwhile distinguishing between the meaning of "intimidating" and "critical" comment. That is precisely the sort of distinction that comprehension exercises are designed to test.

Sally-Anne
arnesh

thanx

Post by arnesh »

thanx guys for your help.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now