Happy Christmas to Forumadmin

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
patricia

Happy Christmas to Forumadmin

Post by patricia »

Dear All

I would like, no love to, take this opportunity to say thank you very much to the owner of this wonderful website. He does not like too much publicity, but I don't care. he deserves all the ACCOLADES due to him.

A very merry Christmas to Forumadmin, and of course to all guests and members.

This is a truly special site/forum, something not seen elsewhere in this country.....

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I second that wholeheartedly Patricia!

I was chatting with the owner by PM today, and he mentioned that the Forum stood at 10,999 posts. The 11,000th post came in whilst I was replying to him - it could well have been yours Patricia, so you beat me to it!

What an incredible resource the Forum has become. Two years ago, when I first set out on the 11+ trail, a search for "eleven plus" on Google revealed virtually nothing. Parents were coping with all the stress and complexity of the exams on their own, with no advice other than the pitiful formal advice published by the LEAs and education authorities.

Happy Christmas to all!

Sally-Anne
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Patricia and Sally-Anne have said it all.

Two years ago, I was in the same sitauion as Sally-Anne, it was like navigating in the fog. Tthis site was in its infancy.
It has now become a wonderful source of information about the 11+ and all sorts of education issues.

A very very well diserved happy Christmas to forumadmin, and also to the 'professionals', Patricia, Mike and Etienne whose conribtion has been invaluable.
:D :D :D

Best wishes

Catherine
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

Four years ago I was constantly looking for 11+ advice and finally gave up after finding that most sites were run by individual companies promoting their own material. However, eighteen months ago for no apparent reason I typed eleven plus into a google search and found this site.

The amount of information for all parents with children sitting the 11+ anywhere in the country is phenomenal. But it all came about accidentally with no intention for the site to develop as it has done. We would like to express are gratitude to Lee for continuing with the site and for all the time he has spent advising us.

I know that friendships have developed directly through the forum whereby people can give support to others both personally and professionally and long may it do so.

Best wishes for Christmas and may the New Year be one of health and happiness to everyone.

Regards

Mike & Jan
Road Runner

Ditto, Ditto

Post by Road Runner »

I would also like to add my thanks to the forum. I too came across this site by chance in summer 2005 and was so glad I did. It helped me through the 11+ trauma and I am still a regular visitor. My husband laughs as he thinks I'm hooked and I guess I am. The great thing is that although my son is now a well settled year 7 I know I can still pop on and ask for advice about secondary school and everyone is still so helpful. I also enjoy being able to offer the benefit of my own experience. This is a great site, I cannot imagine how people who don't know about it get through the 11+ without it..

I would like to wish everyone a very, very happy christmas. May you all have a wonderful 2007.

All the very best

Melx :P
usa

Post by usa »

And from way over the Atlantic too, the following is big!
Thank you to this site for enabling my son to pass his 11+, and for selling the books to allow me to teach him.
I cannot thank you enough. Happy Christmas to you all!
USA

Post by Guest »

Hey usa

Shouldn't that read "Happy Holidays"? I didn't think you were allowed to use the C word on your side of the pond? :lol: :lol:

Sally-Anne
usa

Post by usa »

Hey y'all Sally Anne
Y'all done good in pointing that outa me - awesome job!
We are going off track again................!!
Enjoy your winter holidays.......aghhh!
USA
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas forum administrator, thank you for all you do to restore sanity to some very confused parents!

The support, laughter and interesting debates on this forum are excellent and I visit the site whenever I have a break. Like MelX - I'm slightly addicted!

Happy Christmas to everyone who frequents the site, particularly to those who are regular contributors.

God bless