Will county ever let you collect letters?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
in Turmoil

Will county ever let you collect letters?

Post by in Turmoil »

Hi

We are waiting the results of a transfer appeal. I have been told by county they hope to have the letters ready to go out tomorrow. There is a postal strike scheduled for tomorrow so we are unlikely to receive the letter on Saturday. I have asked if we can go over and collect the letter to be told that this is not possible only if we don't receive the letter on Monday will we then be allowed to collect it!

DD would love to know where she is going before she finishes for the summer this seems terribly unfair that we are not allowed to collect it even with a strike planned!

Thanks

IT
In Turmoil
Freya

Post by Freya »

I would go along in person and ask for it. Take some ID and be nice. Once you're there they may be more human to you and take pity.
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Hi IT

I thought you weren't expecting the results til 22nd?

Everything crossed for you!
many thanks
dejavu
in Turmoil

Letter

Post by in Turmoil »

Hi Deja Vu

Yes that's right County had said 22nd at the latest in their own set time frame. However someone who has had their appeal today has told me the clerk had told them that she would post letters out tomorrow!

So with that glimmer of hope of hearing earlier we then come up with the postal strike!

IT
In Turmoil
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I vote that you should phone and ask to collect it.
Good luck.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

In 2007 when the North Yorks 11plus results were due out there was a postal strike so arrangements were made for us to collect them from the education office (or school if they were in a local school) - worked fine. Just took some ID.
in Turmoil

Letter

Post by in Turmoil »

Thanks for your advice!

County denied all knowledge of the strike even though it has been all over the news.

Will take my driving licence and be polite but firm!

IT
In Turmoil
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now