comprehensive question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Potato

comprehensive question

Post by Potato »

Wilmington Enterprise College :twisted: This school is my nearest comprehensive if my daughter fails the 11+, keep hearing bad things about it, is it that bad? or all just myth. We are hoping for an 11+ pass but it`s good to know about alternatives so would value opnions. Thanks to all. :D
lion63

Post by lion63 »

It is always very worrying when you hear of schools being put in special measures and changes of leadership etc.

I won't add to the myths or rumours except to say that to send a young Yr 7 child into an unsettled environment is, for me, extremely nervewracking. You would have to have a strongminded, mature and resilient child to thrive there. My own personal views only.

Things are on track for improving with the new partnership with DGSG though. A case of wait and see, I am afraid.
vicky109

Post by vicky109 »

hi im new to this site.so be kind .i am in same place as you are if my daughter fails her 11 pluss, she will go to worst school too.so i am very worryed like yourself.she has got 4a for everything this year,so she may or may not get a pass.butif she does get pass will we still have to fight to get her into a g school. is it top marks first, as i have no idea could someone please tell me
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

a lot will depend on which part of Kent you live in. In the West of the County it is more difficult to gain a grammar school place, but here in the East it is easier , we have a lot of grammar schools.

It is worth a try, especially as you will know the results before you have to decide on which schools to put on the form
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now