is it too late now!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
zizi

is it too late now!!

Post by zizi »

was just wondering if someone can advise me if it is too late to prepare for the 11+ test now. my son will be moving on to year 6 in september, was not really thinking of going for the grammar test but now he wants to give it a go.
is it possible to prepare in 2-3 months??
moved

Post by moved »

When is your exam and what does it involve. If he is reasonably bright and willing to work hard over the summer there should be no problem. One of mine began late August last summer and passed comfortably for our local grammars (November exam).
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I would think you have plenty of time for preparation.

Not sure how it works in Birmingham, but here in Kent it is too late to register for the exam now (ours are in September). Might be worth checking when the cut off day is
rachag

Post by rachag »

Got an ad here from local free sheet from 16.7.09. Its a form for further info for admission Sept 2010. Email address is admissions@ske.uk.net to request further info.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

It's not too late to register for any of the Birmingham grammar entrance exams (but you probably knew that already). As to whether it's too late to prepare - that's probably impossible to answer, it depends entirely on your son. Of course, you won't know if you don't try - you have two or three months before you have to come to a decision, why not start preparation and see how it goes?

Mike
zizi

Post by zizi »

Thankyou all for your replies. Can anyone please reccomend any books that i can work through with him.
zizi

Post by zizi »

I have been looking at the Bond papers. There are two types standard or multiple choice which ones would be best?