What is the passing mark for entrance exam of these schools?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mirabel

What is the passing mark for entrance exam of these schools?

Post by mirabel »

Royal high school, Bath
Bosworth independent school
plz help me :D
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

I would say if you aim for 50 - 55% you will be fine. Some schools set commomn entrance as low as 45%.
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

Sassie'sDad wrote:I would say if you aim for 50 - 55% you will be fine. Some schools set common entrance as low as 45%.
I don't think this is relevant in this case as the Royal High School is part of the Girls' Day School Trust - the GDST schools I know in my part of London use their own exams not CE and you'd stand no chance of entry with a score of 55%, while Bosworth seems to cater largely to overseas students, according to one website has no entrance exam and only takes pupils from Year 10 ie start of GCSE course.
kingsbridgemiss

Post by kingsbridgemiss »

Sassie'sDad wrote:I would say if you aim for 50 - 55% you will be fine. Some schools set commomn entrance as low as 45%.
Actually dad, it depends upon each candidaits overall score and interview. Which could range from anything.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

kingsbridgemiss wrote:
Sassie'sDad wrote:I would say if you aim for 50 - 55% you will be fine. Some schools set commomn entrance as low as 45%.
Actually dad, it depends upon each candidaits overall score and interview. Which could range from anything.
I knew it!!! :mrgreen:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now