Parkstone application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarymary

Parkstone application

Post by scarymary »

Can any kind soul tell me if a child has to reach a certain academic standard before being allowed to sit the entrance exam for Parkstone - for example, three level 5 SATs or two 5's and a 4, or a certain CAT score, or be on the gifted register - or is the test open to anyone?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

http://www.parkstone.poole.sch.uk/entrance.shtml

Having just looked at their website, I am fairly certain that they would mention if the test was NOT open to everyone. However, I do not have any insider information about this school Scarymary (great name btw!)
paula

Post by paula »

Test is open to all. Just a case of filling in application to Poole BC by closing date and then PGS will invite your daughter to the test day. All in all a very relaxed and friendly process. Historically it has been said that PGS asked for girls to get three level 5s in SATs before sitting the test but I know of girls who have got 2 fives and a four and still passed the test. So all in all no there is no pre requirement for sitting the test.
Best of luck to your DD.
scarymary

Post by scarymary »

Thanks for the info Paula and Ed's mum - it's just that you hear so many rumours etc it's hard to know what to believe!

And scarymary is just what I look like on a bad hair day (ie every day!!)