where can I buy narrow fitting school shoes

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chochamocha

where can I buy narrow fitting school shoes

Post by chochamocha »

hi

grateful for any suggestions about where narrow fitting girl's school shoes can be purchased in the UK. Age 12 and size required is 8C :o

Usual supplier (ST***R**E) only supply up to a 7 1/2 E and they say it's not commercially viable to sell the narrower fittings 'due to demand'. Have emailed them to ask how they guage demand but nil heard to date......
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hi
I do feel for you.One of mine had a phase of very , very narrow feet(they do change) I also went to Startrite as they are the suppliers of the narrowest in UK.They said I would have to get shoes specially made :shock:
In the end we tried on loads of different styles and found the best fit we could.We were there for 2 hours and tried different branches for different stocks of styles.
So my only advice is to say that you will try on almost anything even if it isn't the "right size" as styles vary and you may get lucky.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I have the opposite problem with my daughter's feet. I definitely agree that there is a massive variation between shoes and that the only way to cope is to try shoes that sometimes have a completely different size to the one that you would expect to fit.

Good luck with this. I feel like weeping every time I take my daughter shoe shopping. There's certainly never ANY choice of shoes, we're lucky to find any.

Have you done an internet search in case there is an online company? How about finding an international company from a country that is renowned for its shoes, like Italy? May be less expensive than it sounds like it should be...
Milla

Post by Milla »

what about putting those things in teh bottom to take up some of the space? can't think of the word, or heel grips. I have very narrow feet - were AA in the olden days and hence have NEVER been a shoe person since have never had a comfortable pair of shoes :cry: still, no bunions or anything either or shoe-related overdraft!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

In- soles to you !

Yes they can work sometimes. I can remember one pair where the shop put two in for my daughter.
Anything but the cost of having them made.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yep - I reckon insoles are worth a try. Used to get really fed up as a kid with the lack of choice for my B width feet, really glad when they widened a bit...
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Hi Chocmocha

Don't know if you've seen this site:

http://www.jamesinglis.com/?gclid=CO242 ... 4wodhil0lg

but they do shoe sizes UK 2-10 and widths C - AAA

Hope you find something.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

oooeeerrrrr, even those shoes are expensive :shock: :shock: :shock:
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

DD has narrow feet too. Was in C*****s today though and although I normally buy an E fitting they actually had a D fittng in a particular style (which thankfully she liked) so walked away with a 5D which was perfect!
They don't always have them on display but always worth asking particularly in bigger city stores.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Found a link.
http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/SubBrand-i ... s-20332003
Not the best name for a shoe I know but they seem to do an 8D at least. Don't know if that is close enough.